Thursday, September 27, 2007

NFL Injury reports

Inaugural post, and it's about injury reports in general. I almost don't get why teams bother issuing these things. Tom Brady's a good example, and Brian Westbrook is another. He's always got a strained this or a sore that and he never practices and then he plays on Sundays and blows up. If this surprises anyone then you haven't been paying attention. I figure issuing the "injury" reports must just be to give the media something to talk about.

Speaking of the media and talking, I'm loving the Mike Gundy saga. I don't see why a coach or player shouldn't call out a member of the media that makes up nonsense and then expects to be left alone or ignored. Doing it publicly only makes it all the sweeter. I guess it can be argued that all Gundy did was make the reporter way more famous then she would have been on her own, and that he didn't achieve anything, but I say rock on brother.

In a related story, I want to write really offensive lies about famous sports "personalities" until they call me on it, because the concept of someone becoming famous because they have a loud mouth to express their loud opinions about sports bothers me. To kick it off:

Woody Paige and Steven A. Smith are secret lovers, and they especially enjoy a good snarling larry.

No comments: