Tuesday, September 25, 2007

How Alex Rodriguez and Barry Bonds can change baseball forever

Barry Bonds will not play for the San Francisco Giants next year. Alex Rodriguez will not play for the New York Yankees next year (I think). While I like the idea of A-rod joining the Cubs in an effort to win a championship in a city that desperately needs it, I think I have a better idea. How about A-rod puts his money (lots of it) where his mouth is (pink lips and all) and take a pay cut (HUGE pay cut) and go play in a small(er) market on a team that can contend for a title now.
I know what you're saying, nobody does that, nobody ever will, it's just a pipe dream from fans who won't believe these guys are in it for the money. But what if A-rod could break every individual batting record of all time? You say, but isn't he going to do that anyways? Well, yes, he will, but how about he starts breaking those records next season. How? Where? Well, how about in a little place I like to call Coors Field.

That's right, Alex Rodriguez should join the Colorado Rockies this off-season. He should take a pay cut and he should invite the only person in the league hated more than he, Mr. Barry Bonds, to take a cut as well and go with him. Think about the possibilities of having A-rod and Barry Bonds back to back in the lineup. I know Barry would have to play the field and junk (how about the Roayls then?), but these two would combine for a minimum of 125 HR's combined in a season at Coors Field and the Rockies would be a legitimate contender in a putrid division.
I know this is ridiculous and I know it won't happen in my life time (except on my MVP Baseball 2008 team), but these guys have a chance to change the way we will look at baseball for the next 100 years. I know it's a pipe dream...but it's MY pipe dream and I'm sticking to it.

No comments: